About the Blue Monkey Tavern
Collins and Pancoast Hall was built in the spring of 1893. The first entertainment there was by the St. Agnes Guild of the Grace Episcopal Church. It was largely used for fashionable entertainment around the beginning of the 20th century. The Merchantville Lodge of Free Masons No. 119 held its first meeting the second Friday of every month. J. Collins & Sons sold coal, lumber, paints, and varnishes on the first floor of the hall. The post office was also located here for a short period of time. (Merchantville Historical Society).
This historic landmark received a complete renovation in the summer of 2008. The exterior was complete painted and appointed with new windows, awnings and signs.
The Blue Monkey Tavern (first floor) now occupies the space where the Collins House Restaurant used to be. The tavern is entirely new with a 20 foot square mahogany bar as the room's centerpiece with more than 7 HD flat screen televisions through out the bar. There are a variety of seating types throughout for groups big and small and larger, more private areas to accommodate small gatherings.
The Collins House has relocated to the second floor which was renovated from floor to ceiling to set the stage for this gracious dining space. The stately decor and high ceilings make it one of the most grand facilities in Southern New Jersey. The entire second floor and adjoining private can seat up to 120 people in a variety of configurations. The space offers a full-service bar and catering packages from full-service dining to sit-down dinners